Tuesday 28 January 2014

Easy English

Four Kinds of Sentences: Declarative, Interrogative, Imperative and Exclamatory

 

Declarative sentences in the English language are the sentences that form a statement;
Tomorrow I will go to the store.
Yesterday I left school early.
I told her to wear the blue skirt.
She did not want to eat the pizza that I gave her.
We walked to the mall together.


Interrogative sentences in the English language are the sentences that form a question;
What do you think I should wear the pink shoes or the white sneakers?
What did the teacher say to you yesterday?
Did you go to the movies yesterday?

Imperative sentences in the English language are the sentences that make a command or request;
Get me some water.
Leave that cat alone.
Go to the store for me.
Bring me some ice.


Exclamatory sentences in the English language are the sentences that attempt to powerful feelings, or emotions;
I'm leaving!
I can not wait to graduate!
I love you so much!
We beat that other team good!
I can't believe how tall giraffes really are!
I can't believe this, I am so upset!

 declarative sentences are the statement sentences, interrogative sentences are the question sentences, imperative sentences are the request and command sentences, or the giving order sentences, and exclamatory sentences are the ones that show a strong feeling or emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment